Bringing Families Together Through Adoption...
MEET JAMES F. TURNER, JR.
James F. Turner, Jr. earned his Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida where he was a member of the Sigma Iota Epsilon business fraternity. After completing his undergraduate studies, he studied law on a full scholarship at the Florida State University College of Law where he earned his law degree. He began his legal career as a prosecutor in Tallahassee, Florida at the age of 23, making him one of the youngest prosecutors in the state.
In addition to being a former prosecutor, Mr. Turner also spent several years fighting for children's rights both as a former attorney for the Florida Department of Children and Families and as a Guardian ad Litem attorney. He has litigated over a thousand of juvenile cases, including delinquency, dependency, termination of parental rights and adoptions.
James also devotes time to philanthropic activities. He founded a non-profit foundation to help support the Guardian ad Litem Program and is also a board member for Services for Kids With Incarcerated Parents, Inc. (S.K.I.P.), which helps children foster relationships with their parents while they're incarcerated. He has also organized charity bike rides for the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association and has also helped fundraise for the Wounded Warriors Project.
He has also devoted time to help the legal community. James was previously appointed to the Florida Bar’s Committee on the Legal Needs of Children. The committee works to implement procedures designed to help assist children who appear in our courtrooms, whether as victims, witnesses or defendants. The committee monitors and influences the Legislative process where such needs are concerned and studies developments in this specialized area of practice of the law. He also previously served on the Florida Bar's Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee which pursues and seeks prosecution of unlicensed individuals claiming to offer legitimate legal services.
Mr. Turner has also spent time working with the Innocence Project to help people wrongfully convicted of a crime. Innocence Project of Florida helps innocent prisoners in Florida obtain their freedom through the use of DNA testing and to help rebuild their lives once released. One such case was that of Wilton Dedge, who after serving 22 years of a life sentence, was the first man in Florida exonerated through DNA evidence. Following Mr. Dedge's release, Mr. Turner worked with former American Bar Association President and Former President of Florida State University, Talbot "Sandy" D'Alemberte, to help lobby the Florida legislature in 2005 on a claims bill that eventually awarded Mr. Dedge a total of $2.2 million, the largest settlement regarding a wrongful conviction in Florida history. The story of Wilton Dedge was featured in the documentary "After Innocence" that was shown at the 2005 Sundance Film Festival.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, 2001, Bachelor of Science, Major - Business Administration
- Florida State University College of Law, Tallahassee, Florida, 2004, Juris Doctor
- Florida Bar, Legal Needs of Children Committee, 2009-2013.
- Florida Bar, Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee, 2009-2013.
- Member, Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Assocation
- Former President, Guardian ad Litem Foundation of Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties, Inc. (2014)
- Rising Star, Pensacola Independent News, 2009
MEET PATRICIA BUCHANAN WRIGHT
Patricia Buchanan Wright began her legal career as a law clerk in both the federal Court system (United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida), and the state court system in Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale). She has practiced as a trial attorney litigating personal injury, products liability and medical malpractice actions first as plaintiff’s counsel and then as insurance defense counsel. Ms. Wright is a board certified attorney in the area of State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice.
She has litigated literally thousands of juvenile cases, including delinquency, dependency, termination of parental rights and adoptions. She has also handled adult abuse cases. She has practiced before the Fourth District Court of Appeals in oral argument, and is admitted to practice before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals (federal) and the United States Supreme Court.
Miss Wright has served and is currently serving as Chair of the Escambia Santa-Rosa Bar Association’s Summation Committee, which produces “The Summation” in weekly and in every-other-month form. She has been President of the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, and has taught at the former Pensacola Junior College and the University of West Florida.
- Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 1985, Juris Doctor
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, Masters Degree, Communications
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, Bachelors Degree, Music
- Pensacola State College (formerly Pensacola Junior College), Pensacola, Florida, Associates Degree, Music
- United States Supreme Court
- Eleventh District Court of Appeals (federal)
- Member, Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Assocation
- Board Certified in State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice
MEET ADAM D. RIDDLE
Adam D. Riddle earned his Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs from Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida with a concentration in Political Science. After completing his undergraduate studies at Florida State, he decided to further his education by attending Pensacola State College for Paralegal Studies. Adam D. Riddle is the legal assistant to Mr. Turner and Ms. Wright.
Adam's background is in international affairs and real estate. Adam spent several years as a licensed real estate agent before becoming interested in the law. Adam is actively pursuing a career in law and is expected to start law school in Fall 2016.
Adam is here to assist you with your legal needs every step of the way.
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, Bachelor of Arts, International Affairs
- Pensacola State College, Pensacola, Florida, Associate of Science, Paralegal Studies
- Pensacola State College, Pensacola, Florida, Associate of Arts, General Studies
- Member, Northwest Florida Paralegal Association
- Seminal Torchbearers Inductee
- ABΓ International Business Honors Society AA Chapter
- FBLA - ΦBɅ, Chapter Parliamentarian
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
James F. Turner, Jr., Esq.
Patricia Buchanan Wright, Esq.